BACHELOR'S DEGREE PROGRAMME
Important Questions for 2017 Examination
ELECTIVE COURSE: COMMERCE ECO-2: ACCOUNTANCY-I
Time: 2 hours
Maximum Marks: 50
You have to attempt only four out of total six questions in which Q.N.1 is compulsory
It is advisable to complete at least 4 blocks and current year assignment.
BLOCK 1: Accounting Fundamentals
Unit 1 : Basic Concepts of Accounting
Unit 2 : The Accounting Process
Unit 3 : Cash Book and Bank Reconciliation
Unit 4 : Other Subsidiary Books
Unit 5 : Bills of Exchange
BLOCK 2: Final Accounts
Unit 6 : Concepts Relating to Final Accounts
Unit 7 : Final Accounts – I
Unit 8 : Final Accounts – II
Unit 9 : Errors and their Rectification
BLOCK 3: Consignment and Joint Ventures
Unit 10 : Consignments Accounts – I
Unit 11 : Consignments Accounts – II
Unit 12 : Consignments Accounts – III
Unit 13 : Joint Venture Accounts
BLOCK 4: Accounts from Incomplete Records
Unit 14 : Self Balancing System
Unit 15 : Accounting from Incomplete Records – I
Unit 16 : Accounting from Incomplete Records – II
Unit 17 : Accounting from Incomplete Records – III
BLOCK 5: Accounts of Non-trading Concerns, Depreciation, Provisions and Reserves
Unit 18 : Accounts of Non-trading Concerns – I
Unit 19 : Accounts of Non-trading Concerns – II
Unit 20 : Depreciation – I
Unit 21 : Depreciation – II
Unit 22 : Provisions and Reserves
Selected Questions for Block – 1: (Most Scoring Block)
1. What is accounting? Mention its three objectives, advantages and limitations.
2. Explain the following accounting concept:
a) Money Measurement concept
b) Cost Concept
c) Business Entity concept
d) Consistency Concepts
3. Explain cash basis and accrual basis of accounting.
4. What is BRS? What are the causes of disagreement between cash book and pass book? (Refer my solved assignment)
5. What is Bills of exchange and promissory note? Distinguish between them. Give a specimen of both of them.
6. Why is journal sub-divided? Name the special Journals generally maintained by business and state the type of transactions entered in each of them.
7. Discuss briefly the utility of debit note, credit note and invoice.
8. Learn Preparation of BRS carefully as given in my solved assignment.
Selected Questions for Block – 2:
1. How would you rectify the following errors in books of K and CO? 12
a) The sales returns book has been undercast by Rs. 500.
b) The Purchases returns book has been overcast by Rs. 500.
c) Sales Book was undercast by Rs. 550.
d) Purchases Book was undercast by Rs. 550.
e) The total of the Bill Receivable Book amounting Rs. 4500 has been posted to the credit of Bill Receivable Account.
f) While posting purchases book to be ledger the personal Account of Kumar has been credited with Rs. 221 instead of Rs. 212.
g) Rs. 10,000 paid for the purchases of a T.V. set for the proprietors is debited to General exp. A/c
h) Goods sold to Inder for Rs. 1,200 has been entered in the Purchases Book.
i) Machine purchased for Rs. 10,000 has been debited to purchases account.
j) Rs. 3,000 being the sale proceeds of old furniture has been credited to sales account.
k) Goods purchased from Sanjay for Rs.4, 000 was recorded in purchase book as Rs. 400.
l) Rs. 5,000 paid to Anil for salary was debited to his personal account.
m) Rs. 1,000 paid for cartage for the newly purchased machine has been debited to cartage account.
n) Rs. 5,000 received from 'Ram' has been credited to 'Shyam' account.
o) Sameer had paid Rs. 1,000 but it was credited to Rahim's account.
p) Credit Sales of 720 recorded in Sales Journal as Rs. 270.
q) Credit Sales of 1,500 rupees to Sameer was omitted from being recorded in books.
r) Discount Allowed column of Cash Book was overcast by Rs. 75.
s) Goods Rs. 4,000 sold on credit to B, no entry was made in books.
t) No entry was made for purchases returns of Rs. 3,000.
u) No entry was made for sales returns of Rs. 5,000.
v) Goods purchased on credit from S Rs. 5,000, was recorded in purchase book as Rs. 500
w) Sales of Rs. 6,000 to D were recorded as Rs. 600 in sales Book.
2. From the following Ledger balances and adjoining information, you are required to prepare a Trading and Profit and Loss Account for the year ended on 31st March 2012 and the Balance Sheet as on that date. 12
Provision for Bad debts
Furniture and Fixtures
Other Information :
(a) Unsold Stock 1,10,000
(b) Depreciate Machinery by 10%
(c) Tax Payable 7,500
(d) Accrued Interest on Investment 1,200
(e) Interest on Capital @5%
3. What is trial Balance? Mention various types of errors. What types of errors not disclosed by trial balance?
4. List the errors which affect and do not affect the trial balance.
Selected Questions for Block – 3:
1. What is Joint Venture? What are its features? Distinguish between Joint venture and consignment.
2. Distinguish between
a. Consignment and Sale
b. Normal and abnormal loss
3. How Stocks are valued in case of normal and abnormal loss in consignment accounts?
4. 3. Radha & Co., Bombay sent on consignment to Krishna & Co., Chennai 100 Fans, invoiced at Rs. 100 each on 5th June, 2009. Radha & Co. paid Rs. 2000 for dispatch of goods to the consignee. Consignee remitted Rs. 6000 as an advance by bank draft on 20th June 2009. The consignee is entitled to a commission of 10% on the sale proceeds. On receipt of goods the consignee paid Rs. 2000 for godown charges. On 30th June, 2009 Krishna & Co. sent an Account sales showing that the fans have realised Rs. 250 each. He remits the amount due to Radha & Co. Pass Journal Entries and Prepare ledger accounts in the books of the consignor and consignee.
5. What is invoice price? Give reasons for sending consignments at invoice price.
Selected Questions for Block – 4:
1. What is single entry system? Distinguish between single entry and double entry.
2. What are the drawbacks of single entry? How double entry system overcome such drawbacks?
3. What is self balancing and sectional balancing? Distinguish between them.
4. What are the advantages and limitations of self balancing?
Selected Questions for Block – 5:
1. What is depreciation? What are various causes for providing depreciation? Mention the factors which affects the amount of depreciation.
2. Distinguish between:
a) Provisions and Reserves
b) Provision for discount on debtors and provision for discount on creditors
c) Income and expenditure account and receipts and payments accounts
3. What are secret reserves? How it is created?
4. Write short notes on: Provision for Bad debts.
5. The following information is extracted from the books of businessman.
Debtors as on 31.12.09 Rs.25000
Bad debts during 2009 Rs. 1,000
Provision for Bad debts is to be maintained at 5% of debtors. A provision for discount on debtors is also to be made at 2% you are required to calculate the amount to be set aside in respect of provision for bad debts and provision for discount on debtors respectively, and give the journal entries thereof.
6. Prepare Machinery Account for the years 2007 to 2011.
On 30th June 2007, a business man purchasedmachinery for Rs. 10,000 and spent on itsinstallation Rs. 1000. It charged depreciation @10% annually according to Fixed Installmentmethod of charging depreciation. On 30-6-2009,he added another machinery costing Rs. 8,000.On 30-6-2011, the machinery purchased on30-6-2007 was sold for Rs. 5,000.
7. Give Five examples of provisions and reserves.
8. Receipts and payment Account of a sports club showed that Rs 50,000 were received by way of subscription for the year ended 31.12.2010. The additional information was as follows:
(i) Subscription outstanding on 31.12.2009 was Rs. 5000.
(ii) Subscription received in advance on 31.12.2009 was Rs. 3000.
(iii) Subscription outstanding on 31.12.2010 was Rs. 10,000.
(iv) Subscription received in advance on 31.12.2010 was Rs. 6,000.
Show how above information would appear in the final accounts for the year ended 31st December 2010 of Sports Club.
IGNOU B.Com Solved Assignments 2017-18, IGNOU B.Com Books, IGNOU B.Com Study Material:
Dear Students, feel free to send us an email at email@example.com for latest IGNOU B.Com Solved Assignments 2017-18. The assignments are the methods of regular assessment of theory and practical. The assignments help the students to read out the theory at least once before the exams.The assignments also help to reinforce learning in distance learning system of education. The university provides the IGNOU assignment question papers for all the courses for the particular session.
IGNOU B.Com Books & IGNOU B.Com Study Material:
To prepare for the upcoming Term End Examination, the students require IGNOU Study Material and reference books. But sometimes, they do not receive their original printed study material at their physical communication address. But the students do not need to worry about it as they can download free IGNOU B.Com Study Material in the form of PDF from the university official website. If they want the hard copy of it, they can contact us at below mentioned email address or phone no.
The Zigma Book Centre is the authorized distributor of IGNOU Original Study Material so you can call us or send the email to order your study blocks. We also provide the IGNOU B.Com Reference Books for the exam preparation which also consists of IGNOU B.Com previous year solved question papers as well. So, in both the cases the students can contact us at the email id and contact number mentioned below:
- Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone: +91-191-2571662
IGNOU B.Com Solved Assignments 2017:
The students can download the IGNOU B.Com Assignment question papers from the official website.The assignments consist of a set of questions and activities that you will answer at your own place by referring your IGNOU B.Com study blocks provided by IGNOU.
The Bachelor of Commerce assignments covers all types of questions (long answer type, short answer type, objective type, multiple choice questions and case studies). The assignments carry 30% weightage. Students will be required to obtain 50% percent marks as pass percentage in each assignment separately. Each assignment will carry 100 marks. In the final result, assignments will carry 30% weightage.
If you are unable to solve the assignments, please feel free to send us an email at email@example.com to obtain IGNOU B.Com Solved Assignments.We will try our best to help you out.
The assignments for the following courses are available:
Incoming search terms:
- ignou solved assignment bcom
- eec 11 solved assignment 2012-13
- ignou bcom assignment
- ignou solved assignments for bcom
- ignou assignment b com