100 Best Research Paper Topics
It is well known fact that writing a research paper is hard. The biggest problem students usually struggle with is finding research paper topic. The main difficulty is that topic is the most important element of the whole research paper. The success of your paper depends on the topic for 90%. Good research paper topic is relevant and not investigated in the full amount, so that the writer has a chance to investigate it on his own and draw his own experiments and conclusions. To have an interesting topic you need to plan it beforehand. When the topic is chosen, it would be good to create an outline so that you could see whether you have enough information for good-structured research paper.
Did you Know we can Write your Essay for You?
We know that choosing topics for research paper can take sometime, that is why in order to help you with this challenging task we propose you 60 best topics for research paper.
Research paper topics list
- Effectiveness of abstinence programs
- Advertisement: should some ads be banned in the interest of annoyance, health or morality?
- Wars in Africa. Are there any solutions?
- Who is responsible for airplane accidents and should victims’ families get compensation?
- How to protect airport security better, for example invasive pat-downs or body scans?
- Terrorism in the USA, does USA policy spread it rather than contain it?
- Should the government lower drinking age to 18?
- Is there a necessity to forbid using animals for entertainment and sports?
- Can modern art be considered to be an art itself?
- Special attitude to athletes and sportsmen in high schools.
- Do beauty contests serve any purpose in society?
- Reasons of problems with bridges, roads, motorways.
- Bullying laws and how to stop it.
- How have the cell phones changed our society?
- Should there be any censorship by parents in textbooks and other children literature?
- Problem of cheap labor at factories.
- Child soldiers.
- Church arson.
- Is it justifiable to break the law for a cause?
- Why to get married if civil couples have the same rights as married couples?
- Is global warming just an exaggeration?
- Should schools pay to college athletes?
- The latest ways to steal money and even identity: cyber crime
- Should we make the laws harder in order to decrease number of divorces?
- How to avoid losing important historical information in the Informational Era?
- Are there any ways to outlaw exams with any other form of the assessment in order to lessen student’s stress?
- Is it fair to tell that fast food is the main reason for obesity? Where is the borderline between individual responsibility and food influence?
- Is feminism relevant for modern women?
- Which categories of citizens should have the right to vote?
- Is it possible that one day companies will allow employees to exercise during the work time?
- Advantages and disadvantages of gap year for school-leavers.
- Generation differences.
- Is it illegal to deny Holocaust?
- Pros and cons of universal health coverage.
- Should a constitutional amendment that gives rights to the legal marriage for gays and lesbians?
- Should the information in the internet be regulated by the federal government?
- What is the influence of the internet on the socializing skills of children?
- Noise pollution in big cities.
- How to beat the corruption?
- The ever-growing cancer problem worldwide.
- Advantages and disadvantages of being self-employed.
- Will fitness keep you healthy?
- How to keep your spending under control?
- Pros and cons of having a good career.
- Positive and negative effects of good upbringing.
- Should you stay to work in one company or change companies?
- The latest news and media – the outlook.
- What is the influence of the society on teenage self-expression?
- Why is it important to go for holidays?
- Can anyone become a genius?
- Is the global warming dangerous?
- Why reading books is essential for any person?
- What are the positive and negative influences of high school?
- Is drinking too much coffee bad for you?
- Can our state economy trigger a collapse in global economics?
- Does fast food cause the obesity?
- Should the laws make the divorce harder?
- Is feminism dangerous to the society?
- Should health care crisis get more attention from the public?
- Should more private schools be created?
- Should private schools be more beholden to government agencies?
- Should private schools exist?
- Are genetically modified foods dangerous?
- Should we be more involved with human cloning?
- Should medical research involve human testing?
- Should medical research be allowed to involve stem cells?
- Is medicine something which we rely on too much?
- Should vaccinations be required for overseas travel?
- Should we require vaccinations?
- Is the increase in computerisation shortening our attention span?
- Are our attention spans shortening in general?
- Should there be laws about using phones in public spaces?
- Should phones be banned in schools?
- Should phones be banned on planes?
- Is air travel becoming over-used?
- Should we use ships to travel more often?
- Is air pollution due to air travel?
- How can we reduce air pollution?
- Do we pay too much attention to actors?
- Is celebrity culture dangerous to our society?
- Is Pokémon Go useful?
- Should the age for cigarette purchase be raised, or lowered? Discuss.
- Should we allow younger people to vote in elections?
- Political elections have become a farce of what they were.
- Politics should be taught in school.
- Political acumen is something which we shouldn’t encourage in our leaders.
- Politics has become too much about individual power, and not about responsibility.
- Are we truly a democracy?
- What is democracy?
- Is the second amendment to the Constitution truly applicable in this day and age?
- The second amendment is outdated and should be changed. Discuss.
- Are we right to place so much emphasis on sports?
- What is the best way to encourage people to take up the STEM fields in further education?
- Should people pay more attention to the arts?
- The arts should be sponsored. Yes or no?
- Should students be punished for having electronics?
- How should students be punished?
- Is the current system of students being able to give their teachers reviews helpful to the educational system?
- Should we allow students to leave reviews on their teachers?
- Is education needed in all cases?
- What kinds of education are needed?
- Should we teach students about politics and how our political system works?
- Is nuclear power the way forward?
- Should we focus on green power?
- Recycling does nothing. Discuss.
- Recycling is the key to littering.
- Everyone should work in recycling for a while to see how it works.
- Food production is a wasteful industry.
- People should be vegetarian.
- Veganism is the future.
More argumentative essay topics.
Sample of research paper on “Qualitative research types”
A persuasive essay is a type of writing that attempts to convince the reader that the opinions being presented are right. They are very similar to argumentative essays except for the fact a writer presents a one-sided opinion giving valid reasons and solid facts on why that opinion or argument is correct. With an argumentative essay, the writer creates a discussion on the topic by presenting points on both opposing and proposing sides as is the case with verbal debates. The writer employs logic to reason with and sway the reader into adopting a certain view. Such essay assignments are commonly given to students in high school and junior college. They help students to master persuasive skills which can be useful for students in all disciplines including sciences and social studies; as well as in business and their social life.
Tips for finding persuasive essay topics
Sometimes, essay topics are not given by the professor thus writing persuasive essays begins with selecting a topic. In such a case, a student is required to select an appropriate topic to write about. To help you do that, here are a few tips.
- Think of subjects that interest you. Feel free to select a topic that you will enjoy writing about and not just one that you think will please your professor. Obviously, you should not purposely pick a topic that will bore your audience. Nonetheless, focusing excessively on what you think your teachers would like to read is a mistake. Most professors want to see you write in your own style and argue your own ideas, supported by facts.
- Select a topic you are passionate about; not one on which you are conflicted. You will likely be unable to present your views and convince your audience if you are conflicted about the side on which you stand. For example, it may not be wise to argue that every state should abolish the death penalty yet on the hand, you think that child molesters deserve the death sentence. The audience of your persuasive essay or speech must not detect any sign of internal conflict in your argument. Being passionate about the topic will also make the research and writing tasks enjoyable, and your emotion will also be reflected in your writing. This will help you persuade and change the reader’s mind.
- Don’t over-obsess on political correctness. You should avoid playing it too safe and shying away from a controversial issue. A point to note, however, is that for a school setting, you may want to strike a balance between boldly expressing your views and not offending your audience with overly inappropriate topics.
- Think about your personal experiences or those of people you know. Real life events can be a source of inspiration to help you formulate an interesting topic.
- Think about what you know. Start with general subjects that you are familiar with then narrow down to a specific topic. It will be easier for you to write a good persuasive essay if it is a subject in which you have knowledge. This is especially important if you have limited time to write your essay as you will be able to do the legwork faster.
- Read. Topics abound in books, newspapers, journals and the web if only you conduct research. The importance of research in persuasive writing cannot be overstated. Research is important for formulating your title and finding evidence to back up your ideas. A research paper published in a peer-reviewed journal could present the credible evidence you need. This involves reading widely and sometimes talking to experts in your subject of interest. Sample persuasive essays can also provide inspiration on topics to write on as well as serve as examples on how to write your essay. A point to remember as you conduct research is that your institution likely has a strict policy against plagiarism, therefore avoid presenting someone else’s work as your own.
- Brainstorming helps in coming up with an idea or refining the one you already have. Discuss your ideas with friends or other people around you, but this is not a license to copy someone else’s work. The purpose of brainstorming is to help you get ideas. Weave in your own perspective to make your essay unique.
- Persuasive essay topics are often inspired by contemporary issues in society so pay attention to current trends and events happening around you. It helps to come up with a list of several persuasive essay topic ideas and then carefully evaluate them further to pick the best one.
Selecting a good topic for your essay is one of the most important and often tricky parts for many students. Here are a few characteristics against which you should evaluate your topic before you start writing the essay.
Prices Starting At:
Qualities of a good persuasive essay topic
The topic should be specific. The essay topic should be broad enough for you to comfortably meet the required length of the essay, but not too narrow that you are unable to write more than a few short sentences on it.
- A great topic should have some complexity and depth.
- A good topic for a persuasive essay is one that is debatable. Pick a topic that society is talking or arguing about.
- The topic must not be overdone. Most times a topic that has been tackled over and over is not the best choice because it is likely that society has already reached a consensus on the matter and it is no longer being debated.
- Is there adequate literature to support your opinions/ideas? There should be enough literature to provide facts to back your ideas in order for you to write a good persuasive essay. You don’t want to start the writing process, then have to find a new topic because you realize, midway, that there’s no credible literature to back your ideas.
We have compiled a few ideas appropriate topics for your persuasive essay assignment.
Some Persuasive Essay Topic Ideas for High School
- Should students perpetrating cyber bullying be expelled?
Cyberbullying can undoubtedly have grave consequences for the victims. There has been agitation in some quarters to have cyber bullies in schools face the consequences such as expulsion.
- Is college education the key to a successful life?
There are varying views on whether a college education is required in order to have a successful life.
- Should the death penalty be abolished?
The death penalty has been abolished in some states, many more still practice it, and others have the death penalty allowing gubernatorial moratoria. Some say the death sentence is a fitting deterrent to serious crimes but is it a cruel, dehumanizing practice that should be abolished?
- Should civilians be allowed to carry guns?
Do civilians with guns to help stop crime such as mass shootings or does the freedom of civilians to carry guns pose more danger?
- Should the minimum voting age be lowered?
21, 18, 17, or 16; just how old is old enough to vote? Are teenagers’ old enough for the responsibility of voting or should voting be reserved for young adults and older citizens?
- National security prevails over individual right to privacy
Should violations of individual privacy rights be allowed for the sake of national security?
- Parental consent should not be required for teenage girls to access contraceptives.
Teenagers have free access to contraceptives, but lawmakers have come up with proposals that will require teenage girls to engage their parents before they can get access. Should the right of teenagers to freely access contraceptives be upheld?
- Smartphones are killing communication
Smartphones have changed the way conversations are carried out, but are they killing the art of communication? Are we missing out on crucial benefits of voice calls and face-to-face conversations?
- Should Medical Marijuana be legalized?
Marijuana helps relieve symptoms of various illnesses. There have been debates on whether Marijuana prescribed by a doctor should be legal. Do you think it should be legalized?
- Is commercial testing on animals, right?
Safety tests for products such as drugs and cosmetics are often tested on animals to ascertain their safety. Animal rights activists and other parties don’t agree with this practice.
- Should mercy killing be allowed?
Euthanasia, the killing of patients with painful, incurable diseases, irreversible coma, is done in order to relieve suffering. The practice is allowed in some states, but it is frowned upon and illegal in many more states. Is an ethical practice that should be legalized or not?
- Should mandatory sexuality and parenting classes be taught in school?
Parents have the responsibility of teaching their children about sexuality, contraceptive use, and parenting. However, do parents sufficiently teach their kids on these subjects?
College Level Persuasive Essay Topics
- Should guns be allowed on campuses?
Research shows that guns on campuses only pose a greater danger of violence and do very little to stop shooting rampages. Do you think guns should be allowed on college campuses or not?
- Should public breastfeeding be allowed?
Mums are given a hard time now and then for breastfeeding their babies in public. However, others are of the opinion that breastfeeding, just like bottle feeding a baby in public should not be controversial.
- Should the travel ban on Muslim-majority countries be implemented?
There have been mixed reactions on whether the executive order to ban visas issuance to travelers from six Muslim-majority countries be implemented.
- Should recycling be required by law?
Recycling helps preserve the environment, but not everyone practices it. Some think that by making it a legal requirement, more people will begin to practice recycling. What’s your position on this?
- Should workplaces have a more relaxed dress code?
Some employers feel that relaxed dress codes negatively impact productivity and should not be allowed in the workplace. Others think that it improves creativity and productivity in the workplace.
- Should the jury system be replaced by bench trials?
There have been arguments that juries are not made up of people with the necessary legal expertise and should, therefore, be abolished and replaced with bench trials where judges are solely responsible for making judgments. These are just a few tips to help you in persuasive essay writing. You can write persuasive essays on a variety of subject including health, food, technology, history, law, religion and governance. Just follow the guidelines stated above, and you’ll be well on your way to writing a good persuasive essay.
The Importance of Research in Persuasive Essay Writing
Whichever topic you choose, always remember the importance of literature sources. These sources serve to enrich knowledge, meet the academic community’s expectations, and identify and support arguments. The questions of whether a topic has been overdone or has enough literature to back it up must always be asked. The answers to these questions can only be found by immersing yourself in literature to filter out the overdone topics and find facts, examples, statistics and quotes to provide supporting evidence for your essay. It requires and demonstrates an ability to research, understand and integrate information from multiple sources. Common reliable sources of literature include journals, scientific magazines, textbooks and reports that can be examined for relevance to the topic at hand. There are multiple online resources and databases to find a book or a journal article that you can use in your search for relevant information sources on which your essay will be based. Possessing good research skills and selecting a good topic is crucial. However, good writing should accompany a good persuasive essay topic and extensive research thus a student must learn the skills of effective writing. Learning good writing skills will help you write better essays that will keep your readers interested and persuaded. This can be difficult for some students, especially for those whom English is their second language; but it is not an impossible task.
Writing Persuasive Essays
Once you settle on the topic and choose the position on which you will base your essay, the rest of the work can then begin. You still need to create an outstanding piece of writing. You will need to research about your topic further to provide evidence to your ideas and then structure your writing according to the persuasive essay structure. As any guide on how to write a persuasive essay will tell you, your essay must be organized in paragraphs with a logical progression from one paragraph to the next. There should be an introductory paragraph that includes a strong, authoritative thesis statement, a body section with at least three paragraphs, and a conclusion paragraph with a call to action. Begin the introduction paragraph with an attention-grabbing fact, question or contradiction. Each of the body paragraphs should state a single main point and present evidence support for the point, view or argument you are making. Examples may also be included in each of the body paragraphs to further support and clarify your main points. A good persuasive essay must always have a concluding paragraph where you restate your position and include a summary of the essay text. If your introduction included non-rhetorical questions, you should include answers in this section as well. Focus the conclusion on giving your reader a strong message that will linger in his/her mind. Finally, remember that a big part of being effective in persuasion is the ability to appeal to your audience’s emotions. Be creative and take full advantage of persuasion techniques and as with any type of writing, keep your work clear, concise and error-free.
Order an affordable persuasive essay today Order Now
Order an affordable persuasive essay today Order Now
Need help with your persuasive essay? Yes
Need help with your persuasive essay? Yes