Director Of Admissions Cover Letter
Directors of Admissions work with prospective students and are employed by various educational institutions, from preschools to universities. Essential job activities of a Director of Admission include: implementing admission procedures, developing organizational strategies, initiating corrective actions, maintaining a continuous flow of applicants, delivering presentations in high schools, taking part in conferences and fairs, making speeches at alumni events, and working to improve and maintain university reputation.
A successful cover letter sample for Director of Admissions usually focuses on the following skills and qualifications:
- Knowledge of admission processes
- Verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to motivate others
- Budgeting skills
- Good listening skills
- Computer competences
- Integrity and work ethics
Just beneath is provided a cover letter sample for Director of Admissions showcasing comparable job experience and aptitudes.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Director Of Admissions Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be a Director Of Admissions, check out our more complete Director Of Admissions Job Description.
Dear Ms. Eubank:
Upon learning of your search for a new Director of Admissions, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. As a motivated and driven professional with expertise in sales and marketing, a solid background in dynamic academic environments, and a commitment to achieving organizational goals, I would be a valuable asset to your team in this role.
My background includes supervising recruitment and admission processes for reputable academic institutions to meet—or exceed—admissions goals and quotas. From driving enrollment initiatives and establishing beneficial relationships to developing marketing campaigns and communicating with prospective students and families, my experience and success is certain to render me an immediate and positive contributor to your school. Furthermore, backed by my superior organization and leadership talents, I am prepared to excel in connecting with a broad range of individuals to drive school interest and enrollment.
Highlights of my qualifications and achievements include:
- Creating and implementing ambitious, multifaceted marketing campaigns and initiatives to accelerate enrollment and generate millions of dollars in admissions leadership roles with Treeline Junction Academy and Copeland Private School, respectively.
- Evaluating applications, organizing open houses, leading training sessions, and conducting orientation programs to optimize recruitment and admissions numbers, and subsequently boost new student comfort and confidence.
- Developing new pipelines into international markets to enhance school diversity; hosting an International Student Fair at Copeland and realizing a 63% growth in foreign student population.
- Providing overarching assistance in admissions documentation and student registration.
- Hiring, coaching, and directing teams of up to 7 admissions personnel, conducting evaluations and delivering feedback to improve performance.
- Experience in product and service education, global travel, and high-impact presentations.
- Outstanding research, analysis, and interpersonal abilities; superior written and verbal communication skills.
With my high-level experience in academic admissions as well as my demonstrated commitment to achieving school goals, I am well prepared to extend my record of service to your team at Riverside Academy. I welcome the opportunity to discuss this position and my qualifications with you further.
Thank you for your consideration.
Edgar K. Brooks
When you are applying for college admission, it's important to do everything possible to make sure your application really stands out. Sending a cover letter in support of your application materials can be a great way to capture admissions officers' attention in a positive way while also giving them a chance to learn a little bit about your personality and unique circumstances.
Example Cover Letters for College Applications
You can use a cover letter whether you are applying via the common application or if you are submitting an individual admission packet.
- If you are using the common application, send the cover letter at the same time that you complete the application or a few days before.
- If you are submitting a school-specific applicant packet, include the letter with all of your other materials.
Choose the sample letter below that best fits your needs and adjust it to convey key highlights of why you should be considered for admission. To access each letter, simply click the image. It will open as an editable PDF file that you can customize, save and print. This guide for Adobe printables can be of assistance if you need help accessing the documents.
Writing Your College Application Cover Letter
While the samples here are great starting points, you will need to adjust them to focus on your specific situation. You will need to include:
- Why you want to attend this particular school
- What your academic interests are
- How the school is a good fit for your academic interests and long-term goals
- How your background and future interests make you a great candidate to consider
- Any special connections you have to the school (i.e., do you have relatives who graduated from the school?)
- Details on how the other components of your application packet will be received
- A specific request to consider you for admission
- Details on how to contact you
Stand Out to College Admission Officers
A well-written cover letter can be a terrific add-on to your college application package. Not everyone will think to send this kind of document, so it just might help you stand out among the other applicants. Of course, a poorly-written letter can have the opposite effect. So, be sure that your letter follows an appropriate business letter format, really presents you in a positive light, is well-written and error-free.